Prospective students with bachelor (or higher) degree who want to pursue their Ph.D. outside of Japan in the fields of science and engineering, life sciences, and economics, with a focus on information science and technology.
Note: Applicants must have Japanese citizenship or permission to reside permanently in Japan.
- 11:59 PM, on September 30th, 2022 (Japanese Standard Time)
- Duration of funding
- 2 years (Note: 3 years for Ph.D. program in U.K.)
- Details of financial support
- TuitionFull coverage
- Medical insuranceFull coverage
- Living expenses3,000 USD per month
- Startup support500,000 JPY (for students residing in Japan)
- Travel expensesRound trip airfare
- Required documents for application
(three copies; you must use our designated format.)
Note: If the evaluator resides overseas, please send the evaluation form directly to us (Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Application form
- Transcripts of academic records (since bachelor program)
- Copies of peer-reviewed papers (if any)
- A copy of "Residence Card" or "Special Permanent Resident Certificate" if you are a foreign national permitted to reside permanently in Japan.
- Evaluation forms
- Number of admitted scholars
- Approximately 10 students, mainly in the fields of science and engineering, life sciences, and economics, will be accepted.
- Selection process
- The Foundation's Scholarship Selection Committee will conduct a document screening on October, 2023. The selected applicants will be interviewed on October, 2023. The results will be notified 1-2 weeks after the interview (normally).
- Other notes
- While receiving a scholarship from us, the scholars may not receive financial support from other foundations for Ph.D. study.